No Bake Chocolate Biscuit
If you're one of those people quitting sugar at the moment - this recipe is just for you.
I quit sugar 4 months ago, and have never felt so good. The staple ingredients to have in your kitchen are organic coconut oil, cacao powder & cacao nibs.
We've put together a 'quitting sugar' survival package. With these key ingredients you can make amazing treats, your own chocolate and many delights. All with no sugar! The benefit from the coconut oil allows sugar cravings to subside and your metabolism will get a boost.
1/2 c organic coconut oil
1 c pitted dates
3 1/2 TB cacao powder
1/2c peanut butter
3 c rolled oats / quick oats
2 tsp vanilla
extra cacao powder to dust
- Soak dates in hot water and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Disgard water.
- Place dates, milk, coconut oil in a blender and process until the dates are finely chopped.
- Take the blade out of the blender & mix in cacao.
- If your peanut butter is hard, melt this and stir into mixture.
- Stir in oats & vanilla.
- If your mixture is slightly dry you can add a few drops of water (only if needed)
- Form into biscuit shapes and roll in cacao powder if desired.
- If you're watching your calorie intake, Sanitarium no added butter or sugar is my preferred option.
- These biscuits can be kept in the fridge or freezer. Personally, I like to keep them in the freezer - I'm a fan of the 'crunch'.
If you're quitting sugar - make sure you get your hands on our survival package. Non sugar treats will never have tasted so good!! Click here